This simple, healthy brunch stuffed peppers recipe was a big hit when I put it in a recent edition of Nucific Fit Life Monthly.
Fit Life Monthly is a free eBook I send to my mailing list every month with 3 tips, 3 recipes, and 3 exercises to keep you on track with your health goals.
Check out the amazing stuffed pepper recipe from Fit Life Monthly in the video below (recipe written out beneath the video):
Brunch Stuffed Peppers Recipe: The Step-by-Step Guide
Rich in protein, good fats, fiber, antioxidants… Not to mention, it’s DELICIOUS and filling? What more could you ask from a simple, easy breakfast?
Plus, this stuffed peppers recipe is easy make in batches for later! Heck, I sometimes make 4 peppers at once, and just stash them in the freezer to reheat throughout the week!
NOTE: These peppers can easily be made vegetarian by leaving out the turkey sausage.
Ingredients (serves 4):
2 bell peppers, any color, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
4-5 large eggs, ideally omega-3 eggs or free range eggs
2 cups kale, stems removed, sliced thin
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ small onion, diced
4 turkey breakfast sausages, crumbled (optional)
½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), no shells
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Rub pepper halves with a bit of the olive oil, inside and out, sprinkle with salt, and set aside.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs with a small pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, warm the remainder of the olive oil. Add onions and (optional) turkey sausage, and saute until onions are tender. Add kale and cook until reduced.
- Mix kale mixture in with the eggs, and spoon into the 4 pepper halves until peppers are full. If peppers are a little underfilled, crack another egg and and add to the mix.
- Bake on a baking sheet or in a pie dish for 25-40 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
- Indulge! 🙂
If you want more recipes like this, subscribe to the free Nucific Newsletter if you haven’t already! (Sign up in the “Get Informed Now” box at the upper right corner of this page.)
As a newsletter subscriber, you get a new edition of the Fit Life Monthly eBook every month, with 3 new tips, 3 new recipes, and 3 new exercises to help you stay to the road to a fitter body and a healthier, happier life!
The next edition will hit your inbox in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, enjoy the stuffed peppers recipe! 😉
To your present and future health,
Amy Lee, MD
Head of Nutrition
About the Author