Today, I have a really fun holiday snack for you, complete with a low-calorie onion dip recipe, that’s incredibly easy to make. It’s also healthy, and your guests — and their kids — will love it!
I’ll admit, it’s a little cheesy looking. But what’s Christmas without a good dose of kitsch?
Think: green veggies arranged as a “wreath” around a healthy caramelized onion dip (made with yogurt NOT with the traditional calorie-laden sour cream), decorated with edible ‘ornaments’ like cherry tomatoes, cheese cubes or mini bell peppers. Festive AND healthy—just the way I like my veggies served up this time of the year!
Alright, let’s dive right in!
Christmas Wreath Veggie Tray + Healthy Onion Dip Recipe
- Assorted raw veggies arranged into circle (broccoli’s a GREAT base)
- 1 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- 1 tsp minced thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Arrange the veggies on a round plate, with a bowl in the center to hold the dip
2. In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil with the onions over medium heat. When onions are wilted… add the garlic, thyme, and lemon zest and cook slowly until caramelized. Then, let it cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, cream cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a large bowl.
4. Add onions, taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed. Pour dip into bowl in the center of the wreath and serve.
Check out our Nucific BBB Reviews