We love our mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey and sweet potatoes but a Thanksgiving salad?? You betcha! The tangy, comfort-food pop of that goat cheese and those toasted walnuts makes this salad irresistibly satisfying! Plus, it’s super-fast and easy to make.
I highly recommend eating this as an appetizer. The fiber in those fresh veggies will help keep you from overeating the rest of the meal.
Here’s my recipe for…
The Best Thanksgiving Salad (that will help you avoid overeating!)
Ingredients (Serves 10):
For the Salad:
4 cups kale, stems removed, shredded
2 cups baby arugula
2 bulbs fennel, thinly sliced
1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups orange segments (fresh, not canned)
1 cup toasted walnuts
1 cup chopped goat cheese crumbles
For the Dressing:
⅔ cup red wine vinegar
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 2 oranges
¼ cup unsweetened, 100% cranberry juice
1 pinch sea salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well – set aside, and stir well before serving.
- Put kale in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Rub between your (clean) hands to tenderize the kale.
- Add arugula, fennel, and onion and toss to combine. Distribute between guests’ salad bowls (or transfer to a salad bowl).
- Top with orange segments, goat cheese, and pecans. Serve with dressing on the side.
- Dig in and enjoy this delicious Thanksgiving salad!
And just remember, one of the best ways to stay healthy and avoid weight gain is to practice a few key self-care exercise. Keep reading HERE to find out 11 ways to boost your esteem and health.
Wishing you a beautiful, healthy Thanksgiving!f
Want more healthy recipe ideas for the holidays? Check out these:
About the Author